Wednesday 18 September 2013

Narrating Personal Interest




The topic of my blog is travel. I have always been interested in travel and in learning about different cultures and the history of different places and therefore thought I would create this blog in order to inspire people to do the same. In previous years I have travelled both domestically and internationally to places such as Vietnam; however I recently travelled throughout Europe and this trip is what I focus on in this blog. In July 2013, I travelled to places such a London, Paris, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy and had one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

I grew up in a very small beach town and always wondered what it would be like to travel to different countries and learn about its history, culture and what an average day is like for those who live there. A few years ago, I travelled with my family to Vietnam, before this trip I had never been outside of Australia and it was definitely a culture shock. The differences in everyday life was an eye opener and the history of the country definitely gave me the drive to continue discovering different cultures and learning about their history. Living in Australia we are very fortunate in the fact that there is only a small amount of poverty, only on a rare occasion do we see homeless people or people begging. When I travelled to Vietnam it enabled me to open my eyes to the fact that we are very fortunate to have the living conditions we do and it is because of learning experiences such as this that travel is so important to me.

I have a great interest in exploring different areas, especially those that have been fairly untouched by tourism previously. Travel has become a huge part of my life recently and I am constantly planning and researching different places to go and cultures to learn about.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment